BUSINESS & DATABASE ANALYST (BDA)
Do you have a passion for advancing missions that impact the planet?
Do you have experience in managing complex databases and generating insights for a growing organization?
Sustainable Ocean Alliance (“SOA”), nonprofit dedicated to developing leaders, cultivating ideas, and solving the world’s greatest challenges facing our oceans is seeking a dynamic, resourceful, entrepreneurial minded individual to join the team as a remotely based Business Database Analyst.
The Business Database Analyst position is a full time, remotely based role offering the opportunity to work with a collaborative, passion driven, hands on, results oriented team known for its innovative leadership within the sustainability space. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role is responsible for assisting with the implementation and ongoing support of business information systems across the organization. The position will collect, analyze, and manage data to support decision making, fundraising, and reporting on strategic progress. The Business Database Analyst will lead the development and management of our systems and will work across the organization on reporting and dashboard development.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of building and improving processes, driving adoption, and building a culture of insight fueled action within a Salesforce supported organization.
- CRM Implementation and Management Install, upgrade, and manage CRM platforms across SOA.
- Lead the organization through a Salesforce implementation project in partnership with SOA leadership and program teams.
- Develop and refine workflows, processes, key reports, and training modules for staff
- Manage the day-to day needs of the CRM platform.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Salesforce and provide ongoing support to the staff.
- Reporting and Analysis: Serve as the organizational reporting lead, creating analytical reports and tools for management to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Conduct regular data analysis, present key insights and recommendations to COO and leadership team.
- Manage the development of tracking and reporting methods for KPIs and Impact metrics.
- Support the COO and the leadership team with organizational strategic planning and tracking.
- Stay current with best practices and recommend new tools and solutions.
- Business Information System & Software: Leverage experience and technical know-how to assist operations with all database systems and software platforms.
- Evaluate and manage other SOA’s use software platforms and approach to grant and constituent tracking.
- Research, recommend, and manage continual process improvements for workflow across SOA.
- Manage external vendors and internal partnerships in the development and maintenance of the organization’s systems.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Business Analyst, or data management, or similar role, with at least 2 years of experience in a Salesforce driven organization, strongly preferred.
- Proven project management skills, with a strong track record of successful project completion.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while successfully managing multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to effectively manage organizational needs within the context of the CRM system.
- Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211), Sales Cloud, Sales Developer certification(s) preferred.
- Solutions oriented, creative, and analytical thinker with a clear mindset for linking data to business outcomes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup work environment; must be flexible, adaptable, and organized.
- Works well under pressure and in undefined, ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, keeping the focus on execution and delivering results consistently.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations including conflict resolution.
- A passion for the ocean, sustainability, and environmental conservation.
SOA is based in California. The role requires the candidate be available to work during standard Pacific Time business hours and must be based in the United States. Candidates must be also be legally authorized to work in the United States.